
Beaches are never far away in Mozambique. Big whale sharks are there one of the secrets of the sea. On a shark tour we were looking for them. In the beginning I couldn’t see any while others did. But finally I saw my first whale shark accompanied by a little baby, what a beauties! It’s a peaceful swim together with the white spotted giants of the sea. The ones we saw were around 4 or 5 meters, small ones when you realize that they can reach a maximum size of 19 meters. They are completely harmless for humans.

Once we were back in the boat a whale shark was approaching us. The guide told me to jump into the water, so I did. And then I saw her big head coming straight to me. She was curious and didn’t stop getting closer. She was almost that close that I could definitely kiss her. But I wasn’t in the right mood. The boat in my back, I could only turn left or right. The idea of my body in her big round mouth scared me off and I swum speedily away. The hero’s in the boat had at least great fun about me!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home