Welcome in Uganda!
Five years of studying and months of flip-flopping around the world came to an end last May and time has come to start a new chapter and adventure in life. To seriously start working in development in Africa till (at least) the 9th of February 2007. Exciting and challenging it is….
Almost two weeks passed away since my early arrival at Entebbe Airport on October the 11th. After two hours of sleep in the plane I arrived at six in the morning. I dropped my luggage in Kampala, went to the office of SUFFICE and attended to a microfinance conference. The day after we said goodbye to Henk (my former SUFFICE contact person) at his party. I was happy after all to arrive two days earlier as initially planned. The first days I met many people involved in microfinance. An exhausting, but valuable start.
I am privileged to be in Africa for already the sixth time on a young age. Currently I am accommodated in Kampala in the guesthouse of the Deutscher Entwicklungsdienst (DED). I never have been surrounded by so many Germans. They don’t differ that much from us Dutchies and it is good to spend time together. Here I met a very friendly German lady (Lioba) and she has been so kind to offer me to rent a room in her new house which is expected to be accessible within two weeks. It is funny to see how fast you got used to be in Africa again. I feel already comfortable and met many local and foreign people. So I am far from being bored.In the postings below you will find background information about Uganda, what I am doing here among others. Though you have to be patient sometimes I keep my blog regularly updated. Creating & Sharing is my device. Enjoy as much as you like it!

1 Comments:
Aloha Hasse,
Microfinanciering. De wereld van Robin en Maxima; een uitdagende opdracht heb je! Hoop dat je onderzoek uiteindelijk goed terecht komt, en de juiste gevolgen krijgt. Goed om te horen dat je tussendoor ook nog je Duits bijspijkert:)
Ik hou je blog weer bij met plezier.
Het ga je goed in 'jouw'continent!
Tot toetsenbords, elmer
Post a Comment
<< Home